As a newbie or beginner in the world of makeup, it can get overwhelming choosing the right products. So in this blog post, I would be sharing 10 makeup essentials for every beginner.
Welcome back to my safest space!
So for the longest time, I decided to stop wearing makeup (nothing serious, just my special way of embracing my natural beauty and allowing my skin to breathe whilst at it).
And I only recently jumped back into the world of makeup earlier in the year.
However, before taking the decision to visit a beauty store, I watched series of videos/tutorials just to have an inkling of the products I would be needing. And I must confess, it was an overwhelming task!
You only need some basics to build your makeup bag/box. You can add a couple more as you go.
The 10 makeup essentials for beginners
1. Foundation- the most important makeup essential for beginners, has got to be foundation. This helps to create an even/uniform colour to your skin’s complexion, and covers flaws. As the name implies, it is a base layer for more makeup products. And I currently use the “In My Skin” foundation from nubanbeauty
2. Concealer- This helps to cover blemishes, under eye dark circles as well as highlighting your under eye.
3. Eyeliner- This is applied around the contours of the eyes to help define them.
4. Pressed powder- Helps to seal and reduce the shine of the foundation.
5. Eyeshadow palette- The options are seemingly endless. But for beginners, nude eyeshadow palettes are best. Eyeshadows help to create stunningly gorgeous eye makeup.
6. Beauty blender- This makeup sponge is quite versatile and very essential in every girl’s beauty bag. It can be used to apply practically everything in your beauty bag: foundations, concealers, you name it.
Hack: always wet your beauty blender before use. It absorbs only a small amount of product when wet.
7. Brush set- A set of make-up brushes are essential for smooth and easy application of makeup products.
8. Lip colours- These help to jazz up your whole look. For beginners, two (2) lip colours in shade “nude” and “red” would do the job. You can add more shades as you go.
9. Bronzer- Most times applied to areas where the sun hit, bronzers help to provide your skin with a luminous glow.
bronzer is used to emulate a sun-kissed glow
I got all my beauty products from makeedabeautyhub
And that’s all on the 10 makeup essentials for beginners.
Do you think I left out any essentials or basics? Do let me know in the comments section below.
Also, do not forget to catch up on previous posts.
For Collaborations/Partnerships, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Till next time, I remain your favourite girl.