Hey fellow Aries! Since its my birthday, I figured it would be a great idea to share a little list of 27 things I have learnt thus far in 27 years.
A lot of people find it very difficult to believe that I am this old (well, blame it on good genes). It’s safe to say that I stopped ageing at 20. It is no news that the lockdown has been extended by another two weeks and I really dont know how I feel about this whole situation.
Without further ado, let’s get right into the business of the day!
27 Things I Have Learnt In 27 Years
1. You cannot please everyone!
This is very impossible. So just ‘do you’. Some people already have their opinions and assumptions about you, so don’t bother.
2. Do not live your life based on other people’s timelines.
Everyone has their own damn time! So go easy on yourself.
3. No one owes you anything.
Do away with every sense of entitlement. If you want something, work for it.
4. People will always talk!
If nobody talks about you, then you’re nobody. (Even 2face knows this).
5. It’s better late than never!
Whether it’s in your career, relationship or whatever, just start and slay at it.
6. It’s good to let go sometimes!
Maybe, just maybe, it was never meant to be/work out.
7. Life is a rollercoaster.
Sometimes it is all rosy and other times, you just wish for it all to end.
8. You win some, you lose some
Celebrate your small/big winnings. And when you fail at something(s), do not beat yourself up.
9. Brooding over failures doesn’t do the trick
Embrace your failures and improve on them.
10. The best/sweetest things happen when you are not expecting them.
I remember meeting my fiance at the point in my life where I had completely given up on love or relationships.
11. Humans will always be humans
Accept this fact and carry on with your life.
12. Save, invest and spend wisely.
13. Procrastination hasn’t taken anyone far!
You have an idea? Pen it down and work on it almost immediately.
14. Appreciate the now
Life is a journey, so take out time to enjoy the present.
15. Do not place your happiness in anyone’s hands!
Only you can make yourself happy! Men will fail you.
16. Do not let others dictate your path!
It’s your journey, so own it and work towards achieving your dreams.
17. Life is too short (YoLo)
So live every moment to its fullest.
18. Do away with ‘what ifs’
Stop over-analysing situations! You have absolutely no control over them.
19. Givers, truly never lack.
I have tested it, and it works just fine.
20. It is better to do it scared than not try at all
You would be filled with so much regrets later on.
21. Death is inevitable!
I only came to terms with this when I lost my elder brother in 2014, just after my final year exams and project defence. And ever since i dont think i have cried my eyes out over the death of anyone. Except recently when one of my best friends lost her mom. It was really panful!
22. There is a huge difference between FRIENDS and mere acquaintances.
Not everyone you talk to or relate with to a certain level, is worthy of being called your friend. Mark the difference!
23. It’s never too late to have a fresh start.
Trust me, it’s one of the hardest things to do. But, you would be so proud of yourself at the end.
24. Relationships are draining and require so much effort.
If you are not ready to put in the works, please do not go into them.
25. Old people are usually not always right, but they love to think so!
Please do not argue with them!
26. No one can ever love you as much as you love yourself.
Self Love is key!
27. Life is all about striking a balance.
Do not overwhelm yourself by joggling so many things at the same time. Prioritize!
And thats all on the 27 things I have learnt in my 27 years on earth!
Which one of them resonates with you?
It’s my birthday, so don’t forget to say a word of prayer for me!
Also, I know you would love this ‘post‘ where i highlighted 10 random facts about myself.
My instagram is always juicy, so please follow me…
Till next time,
Stay home, stay safe guys.